Recognising young leaders and innovators in the mining industry
The inaugural Leaders of Tomorrow competition celebrated the rising stars who have led on a major innovation, discovery or research project within the last two years.
From many applicants, four finalists were selected and given 10 minutes to present their idea to the leading judges on the Main Stage.
Congratulations to the four finalists:
- Olebogeng Sentsho, CEO, Simba Mgodi Fund
- Jennifer Acquah, Former Geological Engineer, Gold Fields
- Thierno Doumbouya, Engineering and Reliability Superintendent, Guinea Alumina Corporation (Emirates Global Aluminium)
- Smangaliso Mahlangu, Mining Engineering Student, University of Witwatersrand
- 2 hours of mentoring time from each of the expert judges over the next 12 months
- Access with Mining Indaba’s PR contacts
- A feature in the 2019 Post Event Report
- Free accommodation and VIP access to Mining Indaba 2020
Winner: Olebogeng Sentsho, CEO, Simba Mgodi Fund