Your health, safety and comfort has been, and continues to be, our number one priority. As our industry moves forward, we are dedicated to delivering events and facilitating trade with health and safety at the top of the agenda.
In light of this, we have developed Safe & Secure standards. We've worked closely with industry associations in order to establish the guidance that supports regulation and guidance from government. This has allowed us to confidently launch our comprehensive Safe & Secure guidelines to deliver industry-leading health and safety standards that puts the minds of our community at ease. Please also look out for our Safe & Secure stamp. Wherever you see this logo digitally or onsite it confirms that we have ensured the highest health and safety standards across the event.
If you are an exhibitor, please click here to access our extended guide with information on build-up, break-down & stand design.
Before the event
Awareness & Communication
- The event website, social media and emails will supply you with up to date information regarding guidelines in place at the show.
- Please check your government advice for guidance on travelling overseas before entering the country.
- Using the floorplan, conference agenda and exhibitor list, plan your time at the event.
- Please ensure you register in advance and check the website for how you will receive your badge.
- You and your colleagues should not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
At the event
Cleaning & Personal Hygiene
- Please carry your own hand sanitiser and apply when you enter and leave exhibitor stands, features and theatres. We will have a limited supply available on-site in high traffic areas.
- In accordance with current South African regulations, it is compulsory to wear face masks upon entry to the CTICC. We request you bring your own facemask.
- We have asked exhibitors to ensure a deeper clean before, during and after the show opens each day; paying particular attention to high traffic touchpoints and consider visible cleaning logs.
- Along with the CTICC, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced, cleaning regime of all features and public areas prior to show opening and during show open periods.
- We are trying to make all gangways 3m wide with two-way systems. There may be some gangways with one-way systems where this is not possible. Please follow the signage and be aware of those around you.
- When walking around the event, we ask you to please keep to the left of any gangway to minimise paths crossing.
- We are implementing a no handshake policy. Please refrain from this or sharing business cards with one another.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to used data capture devices, to ensure contact-free sharing of business details.
- Try to minimise touching products where possible. If it is important to touch and feel products, please ask the exhibiting stand for gloves or cleaning protocol should you feel more comfortable with this.
- Social distancing measures should be followed for any meetings, product demonstrations, entertainment or stand hospitality events.
- We have asked exhibitors to remove giveaways unless they can be distributed in a safe and secure way. We have also asked exhibitors to investigate sending brochures electronically.
- Consider arranging meetings in advance at less busy times. A well timed and spread out schedule should include enhanced protective measures for meetings over 15 minutes.
Event & Venue Facilities
- Seating & meeting areas will be spaced out to maintain social distancing.
- Please ensure you arrive for any sessions in plenty of time to facilitate socially distanced access. Theatres will be cleaned between each session and will have strict seating capacities.
- Cloakroom facilities are available but we request you bring as little with you as possible, especially no luggage.
After the event
Track & Trace
We are confident the measures that we and the venue will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible. Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process. The relevant local authorities will contact you if there’s a need to update you regarding track and trace.
This builds on our Safe and Secure Standards but gives more specific information.