To ensure everyone feels safe and secure at our event we've prepared the following guidelines. We are constantly reviewing these alongside the venue, based on current government and industry advice and regulations.
This document is not a replacement for your exhibitor manual. Please ensure that you read your manual and the Exhibitor Guidance on COVID -19 fully. They contain more detailed information to help you plan for the event. Please also look out for our Safe & Secure stamp. Wherever you see this logo digitally or onsite it confirms that we have ensured the highest health and safety standards across the event.
We take our responsibility for the Health & Safety for everybody at our events incredibly seriously. Should you have any comments, questions or suggestions in relation to our systems and processes around our Safe & Secure measures, or indeed in relation to anything related to Health & Safety at our events, please e-mail us directly: [email protected].
Click here to read our Covid-19 FAQs providing more information on how we're keeping our delegates and exhibitors safe and secure whilst at the event.
Before the event
Exhibitor Manual, Forms & Risk Assessment
- Please remember to thoroughly read your exhibitor manual and exhibitor guidance as they contain detailed information on the COVID-19 measures you will need to consider and all relevant Health & Safety documentation you must complete in advance of the event.
- Please share your stand builder’s details with us so that we can give them access to the manual and the Exhibitor Guidance containing COVID-19 specific measures. This can be done via the Contractor Undertaking form in your manual.
- In your event Risk Assessment, it is now compulsory that you/your contractor consider transmission of COVID-19 as a new risk and the control measures that will be implemented to minimise this risk.
- For any questions in regards to the manual please contact [email protected].
- As an exhibitor it is your responsibility to create a safe and secure environment on your stand throughout the duration of the show. For more guidance on this check out our quick reference guide on Planning Your Stand for A Safe and Secure Return to Events. (Guidance as of May 2021)
- Consider the layout and design of your stand to ensure you can undertake construction and visitor interaction in a safe and controlled manner.
- Consider all the stand design measures you can use to reduce transmission:
- new innovative ways of displaying your product that will increase floorspace
- consider how you conduct demonstrations so that you can safely manage your audience
- order furniture that can be cleaned easily
- consider social distancing signage
- for larger stands, you may want to implement entry and exit points, screens at welcome desks and control measures for any meeting tables/facilities
- Calculate the maximum number of people (staff and customers) you can safely have on your stand at any one time while maintaining current social distancing guidelines. The capacity number must be clearly displayed on your stand.
Awareness & Communication
- Brief your team about all the control measures that will be implemented by us, yourselves and the venue.
- The event website, social media and emails will supply you with up to date information regarding guidelines in place at the show.
- Please check your government advice for guidance on travelling overseas before entering the country.
- Consider conducting your pre-show onsite stand briefing in advance or online.
- Please ensure you register in advance and check the website for how you will receive your badge.
- You or your staff should not attend the event if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please consider reducing the complexity of your stand build. This will help reduce staff numbers, the amount of time required to build and should save you money!
- Ensure to plan accordingly so that your contractors finish constructing your stand before your team unpack and display your products.
- Detailed information related to build up will be available in the exhibitor manual.
At the event
Cleaning & Personal Hygiene
- Please carry your own hand sanitiser. We will have a limited supply available on-site in high traffic areas.
- In accordance with current South African regulations, it is compulsory to wear face masks upon entry to the CTICC. We request you bring your own facemask.
- Please provide hand sanitiser and all other necessary PPE on your stand, for your staff/visitors. Encourage its use when anyone enters and leaves your stand space.
- Please implement regular cleaning of all spaces on your stand, ensuring a deeper clean before, during and after the show opens each day. Pay particular attention to high traffic touchpoints such as meeting rooms, info desks, displays and handrails.
- A cleaning log positioned in a prominent location on your stand may be a useful way to capture and demonstrate the cleaning regime you have put in place.
- Along with the CTICC, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced, cleaning regime of all features and public areas prior to show opening and during show open periods.
- We will provide an overnight clean to shell scheme stands as part of the package.
- Space only stands are requested to order an overnight thorough stand clean via the venue, more details to come in the exhibitor manual.
Social Distancing & Stand Activity
- We are trying to make all gangways 3m wide with two-way systems. There may be some gangways with one-way systems where this is not possible. Please follow the signage and be aware of those around you.
- When walking around the event, we ask you to please keep to the left of any gangway to minimise paths crossing.
- We are implementing a no handshake policy. Please refrain from this or sharing business cards with one another.
- You are encouraged to used data capture devices to ensure contact free sharing of business details – this could be in the form of a QR code for visitors to scan. More information to come in the manual.
- Try to minimise touching products where possible. If it is important for buyers to touch and feel your products, consider providing gloves that are disposed of correctly, and cleaning between each visitor.
- Social distancing measures should be followed for any meetings, product demonstrations, entertainment or stand hospitality events.
- Please minimise or remove your giveaways and consider sending your brochures electronically. Please do not offer shared bowls of snacks/treats even when individually wrapped.
- Consider arranging meetings in advance at less busy times. A well timed and spread out schedule should include enhanced protective measures for meetings over 15 minutes.
Event & Venue Facilities
- Seating & meeting areas will be spaced out to maintain social distancing.
- For stand catering and hospitality please liaise directly with the venue for options and ordering.
- Please ensure you arrive for any sessions in plenty of time to facilitate socially distanced access.
- Theatres will be cleaned between each session and will have strict seating capacities.
- Cloakroom facilities will be available however we request you bring as little with you as possible, especially luggage. You may want to consider cupboard space on your stand to help with this.
- Please refer to the exhibitor manual to view any Covid specific COVID-19 measures.
After the event
- Please consider staff numbers and the amount of time required to breakdown your stand.
- Ensure to plan accordingly so that your contractors begin dismantling your stand once your team have finished packing away your products. Detailed information related to breakdown will be available in the exhibitor manual.
Track & Trace
We are confident the measures that we and the venue will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible. Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process. The relevant local authorities will contact you if there’s a need to update you regarding track and trace.
This builds on our Safe and Secure Standards but gives more specific information.