From 1984 to 2003: Geologist, Senior Mine Geologist, Exploration Manager – various mining companies
Queensland University of Technology, Bachelor of Science Geology; University of Tasmania, MSc; La Trobe, MBA
- From 01/2016 to today: Current position
- From 01/2011 to 01/2016: VP M&M Europe & Global Trade Minerals
- From 01/2006 to 01/2011: Regional Director M&M Europe
I started my career as a geologist at Mount Isa in 1984 and worked for various mining companies in Australia until the 2000’s in a number of technical and commercial roles.
I moved to the UK in 2004 and joined the TIC sector (testing-inspection-certification) and since then I’ve been privileged to work with a wide variety of clients on projects ranging from coal to gold and (increasingly) the critical minerals space
- Approx 56% of the world’s copper resources are now outside the traditional tier one mining jurisdictions of Australia, Canada, Chile, Poland and the U.S.
- Decarbonisation and energy transition are ferociously driving the demand side meaning fragile jurisdictions in Africa are increasingly on the radar.
- How can junior to major operators apply rigorous ESG-centred standards to protect communities and ecosystems from significant negative impact?
Tuesday 07 February 11:45 - 12:30 Roof Terrace
Sustainable Development Day