The National Mining Corporation of Cameroon (SONAMINES), is a state-owned company, with legal status and financial autonomy. Its portfolio of activities includes:
- Research and exploitation of mineral substances;
- The exclusive marketing of gold and diamond throughout the national territory;
- The acquisition of shares in exploration, mining and marketing companies;
- Participation in the negotiation and monitoring of the execution of contracts between the State and mining companies;
- Managing measures relating to the restoration, rehabilitation and closure of mining sites.
She can also:
- Provide technical expertise to potential investors for the development and achievement of mining projects;
- Evaluate the feasibility studies of mining projects;
- Provide all information, data and documents necessary for the development of mining projects;
- Support and accompany its partners with regards to procedures for the granting of mining titles and all other formalities required for the implementation of projects;
- Provide the necessary technical assistance for site visits and field work.